Friday The 13th

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Friday The 13th

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Oct 27, '08, 4:36 am

I was always fascinated by the Friday the 13th movies. I remember every Friday the 13th there would be a marathon on Spike(I think) showing, you guess it, Friday the 13th, though they would start showing the movies from the fourth or fifth and end it with Jason X.

I still have yet to see a few Jason movies, those being 2, 3, 4, and Jason in Hell. I can't exactly say which was my favorite movie as I don't exactly remember them that much... except Jason X. Jason X was really horrible and probably the worst in the series IMO.

Recently, I found out that there is going to be a new Friday The 13th which seems to be a remake. If what I read was correct, it should come out Friday February 13, 2009. I'm really excited to see this remake. For the official site, check out http://www.fridaythe13thmovie.com/

So, what are your thoughts on the movie? Also, which movie was your favorite?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 27, '08, 8:10 pm

I think I've never seen one all the way through. I've seen bits and pieces here and there, but horror movies like these never interested me all that much. I don't remember much of what I have seen either.

I'm kind of surprised to hear of a remake. I guess they've run out of things to do with the original though. Remakes seem to be all the rage these days. Nice choice for the release date.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 28, '08, 10:54 pm

Whew, those Jason Halloween movies just keep going, and going, and going - more than the energizer bunny, lol. They must be doing well as there seems to be such a high demand for them by the new releases planned, etc. Not exactly my cup of tea, but hey, "to each his own", I always say.

I did happen to catch some of one of these movies on TV over this past weekend as I think they were doing a Halloween marathon on one station. I can't watch too much of these types of movies as they are too scary :yikes: and show too much blood. :yuck: Give me the old scary movies where they only try to frighten you to death, and no graphic blood shown, lol.

Interesting link, though, (Thanks!) and I'm sure we'll hear more about this one as next year approaches.

By the way, who are some of the actors/actresses that have played in some of these movies? Any big, or small, celebrity names that we would know or recognize? Just wondering.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Oct 29, '08, 5:03 am

I found this for you to check out SS and anyone else who is interested. http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/saga/cast&crew.html

It doesn't list the cast from the new movie so I have will post this for you, Keep in mind that I have no idea if it is official though. So if the acter/actress is not in it, don't get mad at me or anything like that.

Amanda Righetti - debut?
Jared Padalecki - House of Wax, Cry_Wolf
Jonathan Sadowski - She's The Man, Live Free or Die Hard
Aaron Yoo - Disturbia, Rocket Science, 21
Travis Van Winkle - Debut?

So there you have it, those who may be in the movie with a few of the movies they were in. :D
Atlinsmere

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 29, '08, 11:07 pm

Trenzer, thanks so very much for that link! :clap:

I went over there and stayed for awhile just reading about the folks that had been in all the Friday the 13th movies. Several of them I recognized by their name and it was interesting to see what all they did in these Friday 13th movies and what they have been up to since then.

I must admit, I'm getting the urge to watch the original Friday the 13th again, and maybe some of the others too. :yikes:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Oct 31, '08, 4:43 am

Just glad I could have been of help. :wink:
Atlinsmere

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Feb 10, '09, 3:40 am

Well, this movie is coming out Friday, I am going to try and sneak into the movie because it's rated R. Sometimes, I hate being 16. Least in August I'll be able to buy M rated games on my own without having to get someone else to do it for me.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lucas » Tue Feb 10, '09, 8:21 am

I like Jason X I thought that was a pretty mad movie. :wink:

@ Trenzer, Yeah ratings kinda suck. But trust me it feels good to be able to walk into EB games or a DVD shop and purchase all them movies and games you've been wanting to see and play for years. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Tue Feb 10, '09, 6:09 pm

This movie is going to rock! I just love the fact they're playing him up as a juggernaut[which he is] and how these "pesky kids" have to band together to stop him.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Feb 14, '09, 6:34 am

Well, I got in to see the movie! It was awesome! I like the fact that it has the good ol' feel of the Friday the 13th movies and yet, with brand new twists! I think the 3 hour wait after work was worth it!
Atlinsmere

Return to Feature Films