A riddle, PSIV style...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 22, '07, 1:52 am

Four bells tolled.. four torches were lit... Four usualy symbolizes a completion. Four walls make a room. Four bells tolled: Four bells to mark the four Millennia.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby newsblade » Fri Jan 11, '08, 10:11 pm

This idea will make more sense if we play the game until the end and wait until it restarts that intro.

The long, long struggle of ancient times finally ended...

We played the last game (PS4 - the fourth installment of PS series) PS classic finally reach to an end.

The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens.

Finally we defeat the PD. (forever... at least they believe it was)

Four bells tolled.

A symbol of Death... a menace that appeared four times [DF]

Four torches were lit.

Four times protectors appeared (the light of the hope) where there is light there's not darkness

And the world continued for thousands of years...

We made it... we saved the universe "at the end of the millennium"... now we must live for the next millennia

I know this theory only works for players who played ps1, then ps2, then 3 and after that 4 without knowing that PS3 comes after 4. Still could be a final (semi-private) phrase to PS programmers that they (the team) finally defeated dark force (once for all) they finally ended PS classic series.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 11, '08, 10:57 pm

How does one sacrafice the vanquished? XDDDDDDD Thats what my teacher said when I read it to her. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 14, '08, 12:03 am

Interesting take, newsblade! I've never heard it put like that before. It does make a lot of sense.

Sparky wrote:How does one sacrafice the vanquished? XDDDDDDD Thats what my teacher said when I read it to her. lol

Burn the body? Sacrifices sometimes involved burning things, so maybe that's how.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 14, '08, 12:14 am

But don't they have to be alive to sacrafice them? Its not really a sacrifice if they died a while ago. And isn't vanquished almost a synonym for dead and gone? XDDDDDDDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby newsblade » Mon Jan 14, '08, 6:54 pm

Just to support the last idea:

The programmers' original idea for a PS4 opening was to show a flashback of the previews games:

Instead of those flashbacks the final version shows us a riddle... and I don't think they've completely discarded the previews idea... only the pictures. This riddle could have the same intention of showing us 'since when' and 'how many times' the «long struggle of ancient times» last.
Last edited by newsblade on Tue Jan 15, '08, 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby newsblade » Mon Jan 14, '08, 8:02 pm

Ok, another idea (just for fun)

I forgot to mention 4 bells could also be a symbol of "warning" for that menace (warning that death (in this case DF) came = that's what bells at funerals do)
...and speaking about "warning" - what about Ryucross?

Imagine LaRoof as a narrator of this and imagine also that the programmers' first idea was to tell the origin of Ryucross with a riddle and not a full-text story (an idea that was latter discarted from the ingame > atention! this didn't happened... i think).
In that case the first lines tell us how the Great Light won to the Profoundness of Darkness. (like it has been already told here).

«4 bells toll – 4 torches were lit»
Bells are also -like I said at the beginning of this post- a synonym of warning and the 4 guardians (who represent Ryucross) have the mission to warn about DF arrival. Besides the “shape” of those 4 guardians are lit torches. (Presuming that LaRoof** also has the same shape as his 3 "friends")

... and "the world" (Algol or even Universe) continued for thousands of years --- until now... (end of Laroof speech to Chaz and the rest of the protectors)

** - We cannot fight with La-Roof so he doesn’t appear to us. By his friends I can only imagine he has a shape like the rest of the tower guardians (he also is ("silent") tower guardian right?

At least Re-faze showed himself... Le-Roof only talked

it could be another possibility, but would be very specific and that would never justify why the riddle appeared at the beginning/end of a game.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 15, '08, 6:09 am

Le roof looks funny. XD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 15, '08, 12:25 pm

lol. he is sick
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 15, '08, 1:25 pm

Ok, maybe Le Roof was more like this

When I tried to do this torch-monster-like with Lashiec's armor I noticed (probably most people already had) they all have faces of an old man (and if we use our imagination his body is there too - tip: old man's shoulders are monster's waist.

newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV