Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 5, '07, 12:52 pm 
The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:...

I think it is indeed to do with the GL's victory over the PD.

The torches and bells signifying the creation of the Algol Solar System.. four planets around a star. Maybe.
That's mine. Yep. Beat me to it! The GL sacrificed(sealed) the PD to the heavens,(Algol). The four to me is the planets too, making the bells and torches symbolic. Or perhaps the people of Algo once knew there were four planets. That sounds like something the people of Dezo would do during an eclipse; light a torch, ring a bell, etc.
~Finally, someone who agrees with me. :lol:

I agree with you on that Dezorian part as well, it may very well be possible that they knew at some point..


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:32 am 
Divine Dragon wrote:~Finally, someone who agrees with me. :lol:

I agree with you on that Dezorian part as well, it may very well be possible that they knew at some point..
:idea: Were the Dezorians the ones that told you to go get the Aeroprism in PSIV? That could be a bit of evidence that the Dezorians did know there were 4 planets, since the Aeroprism leads the party to the 4th in the game... :hmm:


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:43 am 
The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:~Finally, someone who agrees with me. :lol:

I agree with you on that Dezorian part as well, it may very well be possible that they knew at some point..
:idea: Were the Dezorians the ones that told you to go get the Aeroprism in PSIV? That could be a bit of evidence that the Dezorians did know there were 4 planets, since the Aeroprism leads the party to the 4th in the game... :hmm:
Yes yes, it was the Elder Priest.. in Gumbious.
Though.. I think he mentioned not knowing what Rykros was.. only that the Aeroprism would show the way to it..


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:50 am 
Divine Dragon wrote:Yes yes, it was the Elder Priest.. in Gumbious.
Though.. I think he mentioned not knowing what Rykros was.. only that the Aeroprism would show the way to it..
Still, it's a possible hint. They know the way to... something. The GL and PD fought tens of millions of years prior to the game. Perhaps this is all the Dezorians remember about the solar system?


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:52 am 
The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:Yes yes, it was the Elder Priest.. in Gumbious.
Though.. I think he mentioned not knowing what Rykros was.. only that the Aeroprism would show the way to it..
Still, it's a possible hint. They know the way to... something. The GL and PD fought tens of millions of years prior to the game. Perhaps this is all the Dezorians remember about the solar system?
All we can do is speculate.. certainly the only way they could know is if they were able to contact the Great Light.. .. which obviously isn't so preposterous.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 4:37 am 
Well, they did know about the PD too, so it's definitely possible.

If the Dezo eclipse, when the Eclipse Torches are lit, happened every 1,000 years, then the four torches could be a direct reference to the Eclipse Torches. I've read once source that said that they happen every 1,000 years, but more that said every 100 years.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 4:41 am 
it doesnt make any sence why it would be talking about the four planets because you never know that the 4th planet rykros exists until near the end of PSIV, even then its only 2000somethin A.W. when PSIV takes place so 4000 years hasn't gone by and the four torches couldnt mean the years either...


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 6, '07, 1:42 pm 
Even then, Kaloes, it could still be taken as the three planets around a star, that still makes four, but I still think that they had to know at some point, after all.. how would the Profound Darkness find out?


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 7, '07, 6:34 am 
Doesn't one of the guys on Rykros (Le Roof, I think?) say something about Rykros having been forgotten? I don't remember the exact quote. Anyway, someone had to know about it in order to forget it, so... ;)

If you mean from the player's perspective, though, then it's true that we had no idea about Rykros when we first saw that little poem.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 8, '07, 12:32 am 
Thoul wrote:Doesn't one of the guys on Rykros (Le Roof, I think?) say something about Rykros having been forgotten? I don't remember the exact quote. Anyway, someone had to know about it in order to forget it, so... ;)
Yes, I believe he does say that.

I really wanted to meet that Le Roof fellow when I was a kid. I thought his name meant he was the roof of the Silence Temple! :lol:


Top
 Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: