A riddle, PSIV style...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Divine Dragon » Sun Aug 5, '07, 12:52 pm

The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:...

I think it is indeed to do with the GL's victory over the PD.

The torches and bells signifying the creation of the Algol Solar System.. four planets around a star. Maybe.
That's mine. Yep. Beat me to it! The GL sacrificed(sealed) the PD to the heavens,(Algol). The four to me is the planets too, making the bells and torches symbolic. Or perhaps the people of Algo once knew there were four planets. That sounds like something the people of Dezo would do during an eclipse; light a torch, ring a bell, etc.
~Finally, someone who agrees with me. :lol:

I agree with you on that Dezorian part as well, it may very well be possible that they knew at some point..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:32 am

Divine Dragon wrote:~Finally, someone who agrees with me. :lol:

I agree with you on that Dezorian part as well, it may very well be possible that they knew at some point..
:idea: Were the Dezorians the ones that told you to go get the Aeroprism in PSIV? That could be a bit of evidence that the Dezorians did know there were 4 planets, since the Aeroprism leads the party to the 4th in the game... :hmm:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:43 am

The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:~Finally, someone who agrees with me. :lol:

:idea: Were the Dezorians the ones that told you to go get the Aeroprism in PSIV? That could be a bit of evidence that the Dezorians did know there were 4 planets, since the Aeroprism leads the party to the 4th in the game... :hmm:
Yes yes, it was the Elder Priest.. in Gumbious.
Though.. I think he mentioned not knowing what Rykros was.. only that the Aeroprism would show the way to it..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:50 am

Divine Dragon wrote:Yes yes, it was the Elder Priest.. in Gumbious.
Though.. I think he mentioned not knowing what Rykros was.. only that the Aeroprism would show the way to it..
Still, it's a possible hint. They know the way to... something. The GL and PD fought tens of millions of years prior to the game. Perhaps this is all the Dezorians remember about the solar system?
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Aug 6, '07, 12:52 am

The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:Yes yes, it was the Elder Priest.. in Gumbious.
Still, it's a possible hint. They know the way to... something. The GL and PD fought tens of millions of years prior to the game. Perhaps this is all the Dezorians remember about the solar system?
All we can do is speculate.. certainly the only way they could know is if they were able to contact the Great Light.. .. which obviously isn't so preposterous.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 6, '07, 4:37 am

Well, they did know about the PD too, so it's definitely possible.

If the Dezo eclipse, when the Eclipse Torches are lit, happened every 1,000 years, then the four torches could be a direct reference to the Eclipse Torches. I've read once source that said that they happen every 1,000 years, but more that said every 100 years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 6, '07, 4:41 am

it doesnt make any sence why it would be talking about the four planets because you never know that the 4th planet rykros exists until near the end of PSIV, even then its only 2000somethin A.W. when PSIV takes place so 4000 years hasn't gone by and the four torches couldnt mean the years either...
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Aug 6, '07, 1:42 pm

Even then, Kaloes, it could still be taken as the three planets around a star, that still makes four, but I still think that they had to know at some point, after all.. how would the Profound Darkness find out?
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 7, '07, 6:34 am

Doesn't one of the guys on Rykros (Le Roof, I think?) say something about Rykros having been forgotten? I don't remember the exact quote. Anyway, someone had to know about it in order to forget it, so... ;)

If you mean from the player's perspective, though, then it's true that we had no idea about Rykros when we first saw that little poem.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 8, '07, 12:32 am

Thoul wrote:Doesn't one of the guys on Rykros (Le Roof, I think?) say something about Rykros having been forgotten? I don't remember the exact quote. Anyway, someone had to know about it in order to forget it, so... ;)
Yes, I believe he does say that.

I really wanted to meet that Le Roof fellow when I was a kid. I thought his name meant he was the roof of the Silence Temple! :lol:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV