Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 7, '17, 3:46 pm 
You may or may not know that there is a lot of unused stuff in Phantasy Star IV, but did you hear about the games unused dungeon? It's called "Ghoul Forest". I found out about it here - https://tcrf.net/Phantasy_Star_IV:_The_ ... Cut_Region

What do you think of this? Speculation on the article was that perhaps you'd destroy the trees, then enter the forest and navigate your way through to the tower. Perhaps they cut it due to time constraints or felt like it wasn't needed? Your thoughs?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, '17, 11:35 am 
About it, I thinks that maybe this Ghoul Forest was existing before but I don't think so !
The explanations on the site are also a bit strange, with no really tie to any dungeons...
But it would indeed have been great to be able to go through it ! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, '17, 1:57 am 
I lean toward it being unneeded. The tower worked pretty well as a maze - it was easy to get lost in there if you were careful. If one was understocked and got lost, the boss was a challenge already. Adding an extra dungeon-type area before the tower, without a chance to rest between it and the tower, might have made the area a little too difficult for the first time players.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, '17, 12:55 pm 
True that adding another maze or dungeon might have been too difficult for the players with no possibility to rest the weary bones of our dear adventurers ! :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]