A quiet sunday stroll. More photographic nonsense.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Re: A quiet sunday stroll. More photographic nonsense.

Postby Tweeg » Wed Jul 7, '10, 2:11 am

Amazing photos.

... Okay, so this may seem like a silly question but, my curiousity must be satisfied. Are there no trees in Scotland?
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:34 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Xander! The last one is especially my fave. I was kind of hoping to see a shirtless, muscular redheaded man walking over those Scottish hills, but they're stunning as is. ;)

Hah! :lol: Well the closest thing was my ginger headed friend but he's going a bit bald (at 22 as well!) and he's not exactly buff either. :p Come to think of it, where have all the red heads gone around here?

@Tweeg. Yes there are trees in Scotland. :p They just tend to be absent in places like this. A lot of the woodland here is planted purely for the timber trade. There's very little wild woodland left in comparison, but it exists.
This is mainly due to a lot of the woodland areas being cleared centuries ago to make way for farm land. A typical stupidity. We clear all the woodland away, flood the land with cattle and kill off every predatory animal in existence, allowing deer populations to explode and leaving humans to be the ones to cull them, something that's not done very well. We don't really know how to look after the land here.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 7:26 am

Xander wrote: Come to think of it, where have all the red heads gone around here?

Are you in the highlands, by chance? Supposedly Scotland is the world's no. 1 producer of redheads in the world :hyper:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 7, '10, 8:27 am

I'm just short of the eastern coast actually, but having been around a lot of the towns and villages in the highland areas I still don't recall seeing many, if any, redheads. Mostly old people, but that's an aging population for you. Kind of like how in all the time I've been at this business I've yet to see another person around my age. So strange.

While I'm here, it may not be related to this walk or area at all, but it's more random photography. Well not really random. I did have to plan for this one. :D

It's from an abandoned school that's actually just 5 minutes from where I am now. While not technically abandoned, more empty, considering the state it was in when I was inside...well. And no, there were no creepy things or Silent Hill related doo-dads inside either! :p
Last edited by Xander on Wed Jul 7, '10, 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lucas » Wed Jul 7, '10, 9:28 am

Xander wrote: And no, there were no creepy things or Silent Hill related doo-dads inside either! :p

Damn it! :lol:

Nice scenery photos by the way :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 7, '10, 9:41 am

Thanks Lucas. by the way, I forgot to add, when I was in the school I thought I saw someone in there with me at one point. Of course it turned out it was just a black man-shaped painting on a wall that I saw through a door at the end of a hallway and not a silhouette. As if the fact the place was sealed up tight and the air was stale weren't clue enough. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 3:11 pm

:lol: Lucas!

I have to admit, I was going to ask something similar, since I've also been wondering whether you visited Greyfriars at all. :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Previous

Return to Artwork