Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Autumn - Pastel Effects

Autumn - Pastel Effects

View Gallery Page

Post subject: A new colour job
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, '11, 10:06 am 
First Accepting Fate drawing for the month. I thought I’d try colour it digitally this time around and went for some pastel colouring using PaintShop Pro 7. Personally I still prefer hand colouring however.

The original drawing I did is below, before I coloured it. My next drawing will be of William (Will) who is Autumn's mentor and a first class hunter, who she meets after arriving on Motavia. Been a while since I've drawn him.

Post subject: Re: A new colour job
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, '11, 9:40 pm 
Those colors are really cool :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, '11, 9:26 pm 
Love the colors, Lucas. There's just something about coloring that brings the picture to life and adds a very nice touch. Looking forward to the drawing of Will. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, '11, 12:12 am 
Excellent work, Lucas. I think the line work might look a little better if it was darker, but the other colors are vivid and really give a feel for her character.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, '11, 1:49 am 
Nice work with basic tools, they gave a new life to the drawing.

The only thing that didn't work well was the black strips in the sneakers that look broken. Maybe the outlines would benefit from being a bit darker. Anyway, the rest is very good, so keep on doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, '11, 11:10 am 
tilinelson2 wrote:The only thing that didn't work well was the black strips in the sneakers that look broken. Maybe the outlines would benefit from being a bit darker. Anyway, the rest is very good, so keep on doing it.

Yeah I agree with the shoes mate. I had some shadow problems with that. It kept on grabbing a larger area due to the grey shadow outline. So I just kinda give in and left it how how looks now. I wasn't too keen on colouring in every little grey pixel that stood out with her shoes to fully fix it at the time. :blank:

But thanks everybody I’m glad you like it. Can't say I’m personally a fan of the colouring myself. But I may do some future attempts and hopefully improve. :wink:

Last edited by Lucas on Tue Sep 20, '11, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]