My PS fan-art thread.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Rage

Rage

View Gallery Page

My PS fan-art thread.

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu May 20, '10, 3:01 pm

Another fan-art pic from me, one of the three I'm hoping to post. I'm starting to experiment with dynamic angles and perspectives, and I got this effect. I got the reference from a FFVII fan-art piece... :D
Last edited by Lyla2284 on Sun Jun 6, '10, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: Rage - A new fan-art

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu May 20, '10, 3:21 pm

It's quite good. Except Zio's face looks a little bit off. I'm not sure how, but it doesn't look quite right. Alys, though, looks quite awesome!

Any reason this is posted three times, though?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu May 20, '10, 3:29 pm

Darn this internet!!! It's so damn slow! >< I have to remove it somehow, if I can. Otherwise Thoul needs to delete them.

The image is a bit violent, no?
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Thu May 20, '10, 3:54 pm

Yeah... blood in Phantasy Star... that's unimaginable. Anyhow, great art.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Tsunami » Sat May 22, '10, 9:09 am

Solar wrote:Yeah... blood in Phantasy Star... that's unimaginable. Anyhow, great art.
I hate to go off-topic, but PSO had bright, vibrant monster blood! A friend of mine called it tomato soup when we played together, which was deliciously fitting, yes... But then there was green and purple bodily fluids, too. =D

Now, as for this drawing... Alys is captured well, though her wielding a sword doesn't set well with me. I think she seems tougher with her dual slashers, to be honest. But it is nice, though I agree with Caged about Zio. I think it's the shape of his head, really. Like his face is bigger than the rest of it. Not exactly sure, but the expressions are about right. ^o^
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat May 22, '10, 10:34 am

This fan-art is actually based off my fan-game, and doesn't reference the original PS4. Otherwise, I wouldn't have drawn Alys with a sword. ;) But she still kicks butt with both the sword and her trusted slicers. And you can expect more...er... bloody pics. Maybe I'll do one of Gryz and Zio...
hacking off Zio's monsterfied arm. *evil laugh* Gryz gets a new skill called Skullbreaker in my game, so maybe I'll do something along those lines...
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Tsunami » Sat May 22, '10, 10:37 am

Honestly, I think that would fit well with Gryz. I can see him getting terribly violent, but I am unsure whether or not I'd want to see anything -too- graphic...lol.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat May 22, '10, 10:48 am

Depends on what Thoul thinks. I don't want to post anything that might upset sensitive viewers, though most of use here seem over-age. I think Atlin is the youngest here (late-teens). Imagine Gryz with those fiery red eyes blazing with hate, and hefting an enormous Laser-Axe. *runs*

Scary stuff.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Sat May 22, '10, 9:01 pm

As long as it's not way over the top, it should be fine. Blood is okay. Intestines being visible, that's not so okay.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun May 23, '10, 9:49 am

Thoul wrote:As long as it's not way over the top, it should be fine. Blood is okay. Intestines being visible, that's not so okay.

Oh no, I really don't like drawing guts and gore, so you needn't to worry, Thoul. I just need a good reference pic before I can start the atwork. Hmm, maybe I'll look at some Kill Bill stills... :twisted:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Artwork