Spy Satellite Falling Back To Earth

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Spy Satellite Falling Back To Earth

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 28, '08, 5:15 am

It seems a disabled spy satellite, the size of a bus, is falling from the sky and could hit the earth somewhere. Does this worry you at all?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080127/D8UE7I2G0.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 28, '08, 1:56 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like the governments are well aware of it and working on a plan to deal with it if it endangers anyone. Hopefully it won't come to that, but things seem to be well in hand.

Although, the story does make me wonder about the environmental impact of all these satellites being dropped into the ocean. It would seem to be that rocket fuel in the ocean would cause an uproar among environmentalist groups like oil spills do.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 28, '08, 10:58 pm

lol, its like it lands in Thoul's neigborhood. I wouldn't worry either, its not gonna be too much of a problem otherwise my spanish teacher would have said something. She knows all!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 15, '08, 2:30 am

President Bush has ordered that the spy satellite be shot down before it comes back to earth. Here's more on the story, and how they plan to do it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23166344

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 19, '08, 3:52 am

News reports say they might try to shoot this satellite down on thursday. I wonder if they will hit it. :misspeak:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Feb 21, '08, 5:54 am

What happens to the stuff they shoot if they miss it?
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Thu Feb 21, '08, 5:01 pm

They're going to shoot at it with a missile. If it misses, it would probably burn up during re-entry or they'd blow it up by remote control.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Feb 21, '08, 10:55 pm

Yay for success! :proposetoast:

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Return to Casual Conversation