Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A little bit of fanart :)
PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 5:11 am 
I had been meaning to practice cel-shading coloring for awhile, so I sketched up this little picture of Lutz and colored away. Any comments/critiques are perfectly welcome. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 6:01 am 
:yikes: Omg, Lamanai! *fangirl squeal* Lutz!!! This is soooooooo kawaii! And freaking awesome! And... and... and... just... so amazing!

You have talent, m'lady! I loves it!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 11:12 am 
Hey very nice Lamanai it all looks so smooth and neatly done. :up: It also sounds like you got Rune_Walsh all excited over it too. :rofl:
Keep up the great artwork :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 1:38 pm 
It's....It's....IT'S FAN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: ::points at Rune_Walsh and runs away like the old Godzilla movies::

Just kidding :D

That's an awesome picture! I like how it looks somewhat "older" as if someone from Motavia found an old pic of Lutz and painted it now. Really great job! :up: Hope to see more from you.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 2:18 pm 
But she IS a fangirl, Darkil! BIG TIME!!! *Runs away with Darkil.*

Anyway, that is a really freaking good picture. Especially the coloring. It is very...smooth, as Lucas put it. And generally awesome. :up:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 6:19 pm 
Rune_Walsh:*grins* Hehe, Thanks! I'm really glad you like it! :D

Lucas: Thanks! Smooth was what I was aiming for- I don't usually color that way, so I'm glad to know it worked. :)

Darkil: Ha- now I'm imagining bad scifi movies with titles like "The Fan girls from outer space". Cue the dramatic music! *dun Dun DUUUUN*

Caged Wolf:: Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 7:59 pm 
Very nice, Lamanai! I particularly like the coloring and the detail on all the yellow parts. You did an excellent job in capturing the character. Like Darkil said, I like the more mature look; I can see this as the Lutz who founded Esper Mansion much better than any other version of the character I've seen.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, '09, 9:59 pm 
Haha! *blushes* Yes, I am a rabid fangirl when it comes to Lutz or (especially) Rune Walsh ... period! And proud of it, dang it - or, er... maybe not (*cough signature cough*). :lol:

Yes, I agree with everyone that this fanart of Lutz is a mature, detailed expression of him; very Phantasy Star II- esque. It's so awesome!

Lamanai - are you on DeviantArt, by chance?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, '09, 1:01 am 
Well, I didn't purposely set out for him to look more mature, but I can see what you guys mean. It must've been subconscious on my part- I've always thought PSII era Lutz was interesting. (It's probably just my art style, though, since I'm not an anime-style artist by any means :lol: )

Thoul- I'm glad you like the detailing on the yellow! I can't find a link right now, but that part was very much inspired by one of Rieko Kodama's drawings of the character. (EDIT: Found it! http://www.psalgo.com/full-image-902.html)

Rune_Walsh wrote:Haha! *blushes* Yes, I am a rabid fangirl when it comes to Lutz or (especially) Rune Walsh ... period! And proud of it, dang it - or, er... maybe not (*cough signature cough*). :lol:

Yes, I agree with everyone that this fanart of Lutz is a mature, detailed expression of him; very Phantasy Star II- esque. It's so awesome!

Lamanai - are you on DeviantArt, by chance?

Nothing wrong with being fangirlish! Rune and Lutz are both awesome characters. (I love your signature by the way :lol:) I am on Devart, though I've only recently started updating it again- most stuff there is from before 2008. http://drowningdawn.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 23, '09, 1:48 pm 
That's gorgeous! Especially the coloring--it looks like a professional did it~ Great job!

Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next