Gas Prices

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Gas Prices

Postby Celeith » Tue Apr 15, '08, 7:45 pm

How high is gas in your neighborhood? Has it gotten ridiculously high that you don't even go out as much as you use to anymore? Around here gas has gotten up to almost 4 dollars.. Its getting so ridiculously high that I perfer not to go anywhere. I remember when gas use to be just a little over a dollar. And this was back in the mid 90's.. what's goin on with the world that gas has to be so high
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 15, '08, 10:12 pm

I'm not sure how high it is here exactly, but as far as I remember it hasn't dropped below $3 since last year. Gas is made from oil and the oil companies are the ones that cause the prices to go so high.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Apr 16, '08, 11:58 pm

No clue, I don't get gas. But has anyone else noticed the gas prices in the movie , "I am Legend"? They're like 7 dollars almost. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby snowdragon » Thu Apr 24, '08, 6:25 am

gas is almost 4 bucks a gallon here now. outrageous. :x
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Postby Rudo » Sun Apr 27, '08, 7:30 pm

SparkyIII wrote:No clue, I don't get gas. But has anyone else noticed the gas prices in the movie , "I am Legend"? They're like 7 dollars almost. XD

$7.00 seems ridiculously high for gas, but then again, the future could be upon us before we know it if things keep going the way they are right now.

Time to get the old bicycle out! :p
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Celeith » Wed Apr 30, '08, 4:29 am

Most likely it'll hit $7.00 one day. I'm already riding my old bike everywhere. Soon everyone will be doin it. Its a conspiracy I tell ya, soon everyone will be riding bikes and walking but gas won't be decreasing so therefore pollution sorta goes down. Soon it'll be like those rpg's where only the rich will be able to do alot of things, (In our case its vehicles) and the poor will have to do everything else. (This happens today anyways but rpg's deal with it more so its a better explanation)
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Thu May 1, '08, 1:19 am

Yeah, the car companies really need to start rolling out more hybrid or non-gas cars. They could really capitalize on that now.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation