A Connection Between Symbols?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: A Connection Between Symbols?

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun May 23, '10, 9:38 am

You guys have also forgotten that the symbol of the GL appears on the Elsydeon as well. >< Take a closer look next time you have a look at it. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Tanith » Sun May 23, '10, 2:25 pm

My own interpretation of the Layan/Orakian symbols is that the Orakian symbol is representative of mechanisms/engineering, and the Layan symbol is representative of organisms/biology. The Layan symbol looks a bit like a... you know... *clears throat* reproductive organ. The Orakian symbol is boxy and looks more corporate.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby thepeaguy » Sun May 23, '10, 7:29 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:You guys have also forgotten that the symbol of the GL appears on the Elsydeon as well. >< Take a closer look next time you have a look at it. :)

Where's that symbol to then? Images would be nice.

I thought the ps4 story established the sword as a separate, yet greater power to the GL since it only repulsed the PD and confined it to a dimensional prison. Elsydeon did something more by destroying the PD for good, thus nullifying its threat to the Algo Solar System.

In summary, a big one-finger to both the GL and the PD from the "Protector" tribes.

But then the Rykros Anger Guardian guy knows of the weapon, so heh...
thepeaguy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Thoul » Sun May 23, '10, 7:54 pm

Lyla is correct, the symbol is on the guard at the base of the blade.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby OhNoHumans » Wed Jun 16, '10, 12:20 am

I think it's kind of odd that it is supposed to be the symbol of the Great Light, yet we never see its form outside of some swirly cosmic body. (Whatever that is, like a spiral galaxy or even a quasar perhaps.) And other things we aren't told, mainly about its departure.

BTW, what do you mean peaguy? The script states that GL was afraid of PD's resurrection, and the compendium does say it was a battle to the death. PD most likely wasn't destroyed so thoroughly however.

(I would've posted this sooner but my browser crashed, and I didn't have it quite this way, so sorry about the lateness, it seriously got under my skin.)
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Previous

Return to Classic Series