Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Blue Christmas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:21 pm 
Are you having a "blue" Christmas this year? Sometimes the holidays can be a bit much for people to take and they feel sad, lonely, and filled with despair during this time which by all accounts should be a time of fun, joy, and promise.

There are many reasons why people may feel sad during the holidays ranging from a recent or memorable death in the family, stress and pressure at home or work, financial troubles, depression, sickness, etc., etc., etc.

Well, some churches are now having "Blue Christmas services" where they minister to people that are in pain during this time of year especially. They sing songs and hear messages that will hopefully uplift their spirits and give them a release for their sadness, and just help people to feel better.

Speaking for myself, I love Christmas, but it has always been a bit of a sad time for me too. Many years ago when I was very young, my GrandFather passed away on Dec. 26, the day after Christmas. He had been sick for a good while and was sick on Christmas Day also. I remember that Christmas as being a very quiet and somber one, but my family also took time to give me presents (as I was looking for Santa to come). Now years later, I always feel a bit sad on the day after Christmas and remember my grandpa and that one special Christmas.

Anyone else have any memories or thoughts of "blue" Christmases?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:36 pm 
I usually feel pretty good around Christmas. I've had a relative die around this time as well, but I was not close to them so I only remember it when someone brings something like this up.

Quote:Well, some churches are now having "Blue Christmas services" where they minister to people that are in pain during this time of year especially. They sing songs and hear messages that will hopefully uplift their spirits and give them a release for their sadness, and just help people to feel better.

Interesting! I've never heard of that happening before. It's a good thing, I think. I hope it will make some people feel happier about the holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, '07, 10:01 pm 
Yeah, I had never heard of it either until I heard it on the news today. I think it is interesting and probably quite helpful to a lot of people who are feeling sad during this time of year. Here's a link to read more:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16302137/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, '07, 8:27 am 
Hmm, White, Blue, Such thing as a Black Christmas? I capped nearly that whole sentance. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, '07, 2:15 pm 
There's a horror movie called Black Christmas. According to Wiki, it's a slasher flick, so I guess a Black Christmas is when someone you know is in a scary movie. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, '07, 7:09 pm 
Awww, I thought it would be like, the sun never comes up! XD Then the people in California get free newspapers!!

XDlolrofl

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]