$85 for 6 pk beer

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

$85 for 6 pk beer

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 22, '12, 9:03 pm

$85.00 for a six pack of beer....seems a lot of folks paid that glady for a very rare beer:

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post ... 86cc5a3a5d

Would you pay that much for a six pack of beer??

Mmmm, is it just me or does it seem a bit weird that Monks are making beer! :yaknow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: $85 for 6 pk beer

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 23, '12, 12:37 am

I wouldn't pay it, but then I don't drink either. For something so rare, the taste is probably worth it for someone that enjoys beer. This might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people, as it sounds like these particular monks are only going to release their brew to the public just this once.

Mmmm, is it just me or does it seem a bit weird that Monks are making beer! :yaknow:

It may seem strange by some modern thoughts of what is considered to be allowed or endorsed by a major religion, but monasteries actually have a very long history of making both wine and beer. It dates back hundreds of years, to medieval Europe or earlier. In a way, this is an example of how some core values of a religion can change over time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Dec 23, '12, 12:41 am

Yeah, from what I understand Trappist beer is supposed to be exceptional. I thought it was a little weird, too, when I first found it out, but it seems kind of cool, too. Monks are very happening people. They drink beer, sing phenomenal ecclesiastical music, and don't afraid of anything.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby jessie » Sun Dec 23, '12, 5:32 am

I may pay that for a six pack of Hostess Chocolate Pudding Pies right now but not for beer.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sun Dec 23, '12, 12:35 pm

NO for me ! too expensive, and more than that..I don't like beer ! ;) In fact I don't like at all alcohol :p
Buit for a beer lover...why not as a gift ?
And more than that, as the beer trappists are in belgium, which is really next to France, why not try to buy it there ? ;) :p
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Delectable Delicacies