My cat purrs loud

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

My cat purrs loud

Postby MrKite » Mon Mar 16, '15, 8:28 pm

The other day while lying on the couch in boredom, my cat was lying on top of my stomach wanting affection and purring, so I started petting and playing with her and while she was purring, I filmed her with the iPod which I had on me at the time. You probably can't see the cat that well because of the lighting, but listen to how loud she purrs! You don't even need to put your hand on her to know she's purring!

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: My cat purrs loud

Postby Neifirst » Fri Mar 20, '15, 12:30 am

My cat does the same thing! When I was younger, I thought she was growling because she was always so loud :o
Neifirst
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 20

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 20, '15, 1:59 am

Yeah, she's a loud purrer! I like a good loud purr you can actually hear...you know they're happy when you scratch them.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 20, '15, 3:59 am

Wolf Bird wrote:Yeah, she's a loud purrer! I like a good loud purr you can actually hear...you know they're happy when you scratch them.

They like when you scratch them? I never knew that. I'll have to try that!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Rylen » Fri Mar 20, '15, 12:31 pm

One time I'm slightly woken up by my cat. Before I even open my eyes I hear the purring which is louder than normal. I open up to see these bright orbs looking at me and my cat with the biggest grin on her face.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 20, '15, 1:31 pm

MrKite wrote:
Wolf Bird wrote:Yeah, she's a loud purrer! I like a good loud purr you can actually hear...you know they're happy when you scratch them.

They like when you scratch them? I never knew that. I'll have to try that!

You just have to find the spot they like. Our cats are both different. Snorlax seems to like mostly being stroked down her back and sides, but will not reject being scratched on top of her head and behind her ears. Tango loves, absolutely LOVES, having her chin scratched.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 20, '15, 7:43 pm

Rylen wrote:One time I'm slightly woken up by my cat. Before I even open my eyes I hear the purring which is louder than normal. I open up to see these bright orbs looking at me and my cat with the biggest grin on her face.

Awwww, that's so adorable!

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Return to Amazing Animals