Computers on shopping carts

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Computers on shopping carts

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 15, '08, 10:34 pm

Microsoft and a company called MediaCart are joining together in a plan to have a computer on shopping carts. I think this will take off big time.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/micr ... with-rfid/

Opinions or Comments?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 15, '08, 11:01 pm

I've seen calculators on carts before, but that didn't last very long. I can't imagine using this for a self checkout. It would probably only take credit cards, since you can't very well leave a box full of cash in the parking lot. That makes me wonder how they'd react to being out in the rain, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rudo » Wed Jan 16, '08, 3:55 am

I like this idea. :p
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Jan 16, '08, 11:08 pm

Lol, how do we protect them from getting stolen? Or yeah, from rain? Or a malfunction? Or some other mishap. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 17, '08, 2:44 am

They will probably have GPS in them, so they can be tracked if they're stolen. It would be bad if no one could check out in a store because all the shopping cart computers had crashed. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby snowdragon » Thu Jan 17, '08, 11:27 am

A neat idea but it would help more if they would just lower the price on groceries and stuff.

For the young shopper who may have children with them, this will sure help keep the kids entertained. Have you seen how some of these kids act in stores while their parents are shopping - little monsters, some of 'em. lol
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 17, '08, 10:05 pm

you know you were one of em, as was i :rofl:
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 18, '08, 5:24 am

I had to behave when I was a kid, or I'd get a swat on the rear. ;) Some kids today are just totally wild.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 18, '08, 6:24 am

haha, my parents still threaten to swat me if I misbehave. Though at how hard I was hit last time*several years....many years ago* I would hardly call it a swat. More like punishment for the ultimate crime. :lol:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Casual Conversation