Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, '08, 8:46 pm 
Wow, that's a high price to pay for a car? So, what do you think about this new electric car, or electric cars in general?

Do you think they will ever replace the current gas cars, etc?

And, what about the lithium connection - would that give you cause for concern, or not?

Would you buy one of these electric cars?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1200278 ... lenews_wsj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, '08, 3:48 am 
If I had all that money, absolutely not! I would use it to buy something else that I want more.

I am skeptical about these new inventions anyway. I'll believe they really work when it has been tried and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, '08, 6:15 am 
Thats good in all, but it still needs gas! Can't they just make some super car, that uses sunlight to drive! Then they wouldn't even have to worry about people being out late at night! XDDDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, '08, 10:57 pm 
Electric cars are the wave of the future. They've been around for years, but now the technology is being more seriously considered as gas prices go higher and higher. I wouldn't buy one for $80k, but I wouldn't mind having a more reasonably priced electric instead of a gas powered car.

The other day, I saw a program about electric cars on TV. They were showcasing a new technology for recharging the battery. It was rigged so that when you used the brakes, the energy from that is directed to the battery and recharges it a little. I thought that was interesting.

Quote:And, what about the lithium connection - would that give you cause for concern, or not?

No. The article talks about the problems with laptop batteries, but IMO that was just a case of shoddy workmanship. Cars are a completely different beast. With all the safety tests and checks a car has to go through, I wouldn't be worried about the battery.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]