7th Heaven

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

7th Heaven

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 28, '07, 9:46 pm

Any fans of the tv show " 7th Heaven " here? It was one of my favorite shows. Sadly, it was canceled on the CW network last year so it won't be returning, except in reruns somewhere.

Some of the "7th Heaven" actors were Stephen Collins (as Eric Camden), Catherine Hicks (as Annie Camden) and the kids on the show were played by Jessica Biel (as Mary Camden), Barry Watson (as Matt Camden), Beverly Mitchell (as Lucy Camden Kinkirk), Mackenzie Rosman (as Ruthie Camden), etc.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: 7th Heaven

Postby Neithird » Sun Jul 29, '07, 6:58 pm

I watched a little bit of it. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but it was a good show. It got a little too preachy for me at times, though. I don't have a problem with shows promoting good causes for social awareness, but in a lot of the episodes I saw, I felt like the people were lecturing the audience instead of acting. :?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tweeg » Sat Jun 6, '09, 6:13 am

I liked it to an extent. There were times the dialogue dragged on.

I think the main reason I was watching it was because it was the unofficial sequel to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Well, that and it was one of the few TV shows that consistantly made an effort to convey some morale values to its viewers.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 6, '09, 9:31 am

Tweeg wrote:I think the main reason I was watching it was because it was the unofficial sequel to Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Huh???? Can you elaborate a bit more on this??
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tweeg » Thu Jun 11, '09, 3:58 am

Ah, it's kind of an old joke now but, the guy who plays Rev. Camden was the captain of the Enterprise in Star Trek: The Motion Picture and he willingly left with the space probe. Then the woman who played as his wife Mrs. Camden was the whale biologist in Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home. Ah... yeah, not really a sequel to Star Trek movie 1 unless you use your imagination I guess, but the two could have theoretically met in the distant future and then been ported back in time by the probe or by some other means to the recent present. Yeah... okay, so it was a bit of a stretch for me to say it was a sequel.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jun 12, '09, 4:32 am

Oh, okay, on that basis I can see how you might say it was a Star Trek sequel. lol. Yep, I knew the mom and dad Camden actors had both been in Star Trek movies. I wonder if they shared "Trek" experiences on the 7th Heaven set.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Tubular Television