Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: $500 Sneakers ???
PostPosted: Fri May 1, '09, 10:12 pm 
Saw an article about First Lady Michelle Obama wearing a pair of sneakers that cost a little over $500.00, and I'm thinking, does everyone pay this much for a pair of sneakers nowadays??? It seems they are a pretty popular fashion item and worn by many celebrities and other people.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fa ... anvin.html

Still, I can't help but thinking .... $500.00 for a pair of shoes!!!!!!! :yikes:

I don't think I have ever spent more than $20.00 bucks for a pair of sneakers in my life.

How about you? How much is the most you have ever spent for a pair of sneakers? Would you spend up to $500.00 for a pair?

Post subject: Re: $500 Sneakers ???
PostPosted: Sat May 2, '09, 3:00 am 
Yeah that's just ridiculous. I know I couldn't do it just because if I got a scuff on it then that's $500 down the drain. Not worth it in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat May 2, '09, 4:11 pm 
It's wasteful spending, if you ask me. $500 can be used for a lot of better things. You know that's probably not the only pair of those sneakers she has, too. Her non-sneaker shoes are probably even more expensive.

PostPosted: Wed May 6, '09, 12:23 am 
Thoul wrote:It's wasteful spending, if you ask me. $500 can be used for a lot of better things. You know that's probably not the only pair of those sneakers she has, too. Her non-sneaker shoes are probably even more expensive.

My thoughts exactly. And the article mentions that those shoes are "Only $540!" Yup. Only $540.

PostPosted: Wed May 6, '09, 8:07 pm 
$500.00 is just too much, heck, half of that is just too much. Scratch that - anything 100 dollars is just too much. You can buy nice shoes at TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack for relatively cheap. That's usually what I do.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]