$400 Kinectless Xbox One coming in June

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Re: $400 Kinectless Xbox One coming in June

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu May 15, '14, 3:19 am

VistaBlade wrote:I don't think it's a "confession", all companies go through price cutting on their hardware. If anything I think it's an aggressive approach at re-pricing their console to stay competitive, and at the same time giving the consumers more options: with or without Kinect.

I also think it shows that they are taking this cycle of consoles seriously and they want to give fans the choices that they want. Unlike Nintendo, who is very stubborn in their ways.

It also seems they got a LOT of flack for the Kinect bundle, and it seems they have paid the price with PS4s doing well. Plus, they still can't quite seem to get away from the PR disaster that was the used games lockout the system was going to have. Too little, too late, perhaps? Still needs games though…as does the PS4. Seems most of the good stuff right now you can still get on the older consoles.

I, unfortunately, have basically given up on Nintendo for the time being. I don't care at all about the new Mario Kart, and I'm not even sure I care about the new Smash. I enjoy Smash, without a doubt, but I just find myself in total ambivalence about the new one and Nintendo in general.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu May 15, '14, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Thu May 15, '14, 12:18 pm

OOPS I've forgotten to put the word "confession into quotation marks ! :( Yes I agree : it's better to have the choice not to take the Kinect feature that is, for me and for a lot of people, not really useful ! VISTA : You talk about seeming to be a "fool" when playing it, if I'm not mistaaken ? Same here ! :lol:

Me too I've given up on Nintendo BUT not for their portable devices : great 3DS as was the different DS systems before.
And even for Smash Bros as, like everyone know here, I HATE this serie ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Thu May 15, '14, 5:23 pm

myau56 wrote:OOPS I've forgotten to put the word "confession into quotation marks ! :( Yes I agree : it's better to have the choice not to take the Kinect feature that is, for me and for a lot of people, not really useful ! VISTA : You talk about seeming to be a "fool" when playing it, if I'm not mistaaken ? Same here ! :lol:

Me too I've given up on Nintendo BUT not for their portable devices : great 3DS as was the different DS systems before.
And even for Smash Bros as, like everyone know here, I HATE this serie ^^

The 3DS could be the saving grace for Nintendo, but quite honestly, there are not a whole lot of games coming out for it either, as well as the Vita. The only platforms that seem to be getting continuous game releases these days are Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
Last edited by S4Blade on Thu May 15, '14, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Thu May 15, '14, 9:35 pm

I don't agree ! On 3DS, there is a lot of great games and still today ! (even if it's slower now ! But the new Kirby is out tommorow here in France :) ).
But you're right : there is more softwares on PS3, XBOX 36 and PC and that is logical ! :)
Last edited by myau56 on Thu May 15, '14, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Thu May 15, '14, 10:31 pm

I always forget about the gaming drought of the Summer months. Although the drought is no where near as bad as it used to be, it's still there. Maybe I should rephrase what I said.

There are some 3DS games coming out, but not a single one of them interests me. I honestly can't think of a single game that I could say I'm looking forward to on the 3DS. There are still games I want to buy and play on the 3DS, but nothing on the horizon interests me as of now.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sat May 17, '14, 12:05 pm

Objectively, there is less interesting games for the next months on 3DS, that is true but there was so much those last months ! So it's not really a problem :) (for me ! )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Previous

Return to In the News