$400 Kinectless Xbox One coming in June

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

$400 Kinectless Xbox One coming in June

Postby S4Blade » Tue May 13, '14, 10:25 pm

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/13/xbox-one-no-kinect/

From the article: "Starting June 9, Microsoft will offer Kinect-less Xbox One hardware bundles at $399 in North America and £349 in the UK. Microsoft cites customer feedback as the driving force behind the Xbox One's new hardware options."

Good news. I know there were a lot of people that didn't want to buy an Xbox One because of the Kinect, and this makes it a bit cheaper. Ever since Phil Spencer took over as head of the Xbox division he seems to be making some pretty good decisions.

They are also no longer requiring Xbox Live Gold for the available streaming apps as of June.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/13/micro ... o-netflix/
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: $400 Kinectless Xbox One coming in June

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 13, '14, 11:12 pm

That's a pretty good reduction in price, but still too expensive for my tastes. I won't be getting one anytime soon.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby PathfinderCS » Wed May 14, '14, 2:23 am

Good call, and long overdue, though the Kinect hasn't bothered me like it has others...but then again, I haven't really used it.

But yeah, now Microsoft needs to get some good exclusives to really make owning the Xbox One worth it.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby myau56 » Wed May 14, '14, 12:08 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:That's a pretty good reduction in price, but still too expensive for my tastes. I won't be getting one anytime soon.

Same for me here like I've said (many times !) before...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 14, '14, 1:14 pm

One of the main things turning my boyfriend off from the XBox One was that it came with a Kinect and was priced accordingly. He has no interest in a Kinect whatsoever. Now, this might actually maybe change his mind.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Wed May 14, '14, 2:52 pm

I've never even hooked up the Kinect on mine. I've used the previous Kinect on Xbox 360 and that was enough to ruin the experience for me. Standing in front of my TV and shouting commands at my gaming console makes me feel like a fool.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 14, '14, 3:42 pm

The removal of the Kinect just makes it more price competitive. The fact that it came packaged with a piece of hardware my BF would never used made him not want one. He didn't want to pay the extra $100 for that. So the removal is just nice for him and other people in his camp.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Wed May 14, '14, 6:49 pm

I think it just makes it an option now for a lot of people. Xbox One, PS4, and the Wii-U are all lacking in games right now, which is to be expected, but now once the games start getting released, people will be more inclined to buy an Xbox One.

The bad news for Microsoft is that most of damage has already been done, or so says 7 million PS4s sold.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Wed May 14, '14, 9:11 pm

Yes, with this cut on the Xbox one price, it's a sort of confession : our machine is too expensive (and that is right...) and is starting to loosde the fight versus another contestant...But all the three machines are lacking games and that is true ! :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Wed May 14, '14, 10:42 pm

I don't think it's a "confession", all companies go through price cutting on their hardware. If anything I think it's an aggressive approach at re-pricing their console to stay competitive, and at the same time giving the consumers more options: with or without Kinect.

I also think it shows that they are taking this cycle of consoles seriously and they want to give fans the choices that they want. Unlike Nintendo, who is very stubborn in their ways.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Next

Return to In the News