In what game did you have the most deaths?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

In what game did you have the most deaths?

Postby S4Blade » Sun Dec 22, '13, 1:34 pm

What game punished you and forced the most deaths, retries, or respawns upon you?

1. Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox): I didn't die all that much in my second play through of the game, but the first playthrough of the game I definitely took my lumps.

2. Smash TV (SNES): This game truly takes no prisoners, it's almost unfair, but for some reason it's a hard game to stop playing.

3. Aion (PC): I don't think it was the fact that Aion was that hard, but for some reason I was always trying to solo group content, and it often led to my quick demise, since I was a squishy mage.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sun Dec 22, '13, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: In what game did you have the most deaths?

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Dec 22, '13, 4:04 pm

That's a hard one- I'd have to say it would be either Ys 1 & 2 for the Turbo CD, Ys: Oath in Felghana, or Hotline Miami.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Dec 22, '13, 4:35 pm

Easily Super Mario The Lost Levels. I played that several years ago. Got to the end, sure, but oh man, the deaths...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rylen » Mon Dec 23, '13, 4:46 pm

Any of the Super Mario games. The Mega Man games. More recent games? Few bosses in Lost Odyssey. When i first started playing Skyrim.. I kept getting axed in the same spot over and over. Don't run into that problem as often now. But one in a while one of the attackers will use a shout and Ragdoll me off a cliff.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby myau56 » Tue Dec 24, '13, 5:45 pm

Lost Odyssey ?? Yes :! That is the game that I wanted to speak about ! Yes this game is really excellent but truly VERY hard ! :( I've never finished it but maybe, one day...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Dec 25, '13, 8:52 pm

You know, as far as sheer number of deaths, it has to be Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I've played that game more than just about any other game in my life, so I'm sure I've died a bazillion times.

For more "conventional" deaths, probably something like Ninja Gaiden for the NES or Snake Rattle 'n' Roll would take it, at least by relative time invested. To this day I still haven't beaten Snake Rattle 'n' Roll. That game is insane.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 25, '13, 9:14 pm

Good point, Bragatyr. I've probably had more deaths in Brawl than any other game, but I guess a game like that should be excluded from this kind of question.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to General Gaming