3DS and Vita questions

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: 3DS and Vita questions

Postby Tweeg » Wed Feb 5, '14, 3:05 am

I have not one, but two Vitas now. Probably sold out of all but the 3G model as the superior OLED (PCH-1001) model is now out of production and will soon be replaced on store shelves by the inferior LCD screen models. You are not required to use 3G, it can be disabled in the system settings, but then you know this by now.

As for the 3DS, I have an original model and have had no issues with it... aside from a severe lack of Streetpasses.

Vita is by far my favorite of the two systems. Some titles available for the Vita I recommend are:
Asphalt Injection - Arcade style street racing.
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Best looking Lego game yet made for a handheld.
Rayman Origins - A solid platformer.
Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale - A very underrated Super Smash Brothers clone that is quite addictive to play. If you own a PS3, it's cheaper to buy the PS3 version which gives you a PSN code to get the DLC Vita version for free. But you have to system link the Vita to the PS3 in order to download it per the terms.

Other than those, lots of people hyped up Lumines: Electronic Symphony. Well, I bought it, but I'm just not much a fan of Tetris-like puzzle games. Also bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Game looks great and plays like the previous entries in the fighter series. Which is to say that I'm entirely terrible at it.

As for the 3DS, I've not yet played any games for the system which are all that impressive. Project X Zone is my favorite so far, and I've not felt compelled to put all that much time into playing it. I find myself more interested in carrying the 3DS around in my pocket in the hopes of Streetpassing other people so as to collect puzzle pieces and play Find Mii more than anything.

Vita also has an excellent Web Browser, which supports YouTube, and most sites that offer HTML5 video playback functionality. The PSN App offers a YouTube app, but there isn't any point in downloading that since YouTube works in the browser already. What is worth getting, for free, in the app store is the NicoNico Video app, which lets you access video streams on nicovideo.jp (one of YouTubes biggest competitors). Vita's Mail program can be synched with Yahoo, andother e-mail services, which is also incredibly convenient.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 5, '14, 12:17 pm

TWEEG : Ah ! Project Cross Zone (PXZ) is excellent ! I've well Advanced in it but haven't finished it yet !
And I'm surprised to see that people can prefer Vita (hard to find freal good games for me but.. maybe I'm mistaken !) while having a 3DS but that is your total right so no problem about it :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Wed Feb 5, '14, 1:33 pm

Hey Tweeg. Do you think I should get a protective cover for the front of my Vita? Does it clean off easy if I don't get one?
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Tweeg » Fri Feb 7, '14, 3:20 am

Oh yes, the protective film Sony sells for the Vita works great and wipes clean easily. Very hard to apply it to the system though, which is why it is sold with two in the package. Somehow, Sony just knew the consumers would mess up on the first try applying the film.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 11, '14, 9:14 pm

Ah ! Like I've said in another topic, I've just bought a PS VITA ! And I'll recieved it tomorrow, direct from Amazon ! I've boughtv it with two games :
- Ys memories of Celceta : of course ! I'm sure this remake of YS mask of the sun will be great !
- Danganronpa : Trigger Happy Havoc : surely a great game too ! As it's a game from the developpers of the FANTASTIC (one of the best video game ever created) Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward.
I'll tell you about my impressions in two days ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Tue Mar 11, '14, 10:26 pm

Tweeg wrote:Oh yes, the protective film Sony sells for the Vita works great and wipes clean easily. Very hard to apply it to the system though, which is why it is sold with two in the package. Somehow, Sony just knew the consumers would mess up on the first try applying the film.

I actually screwed up both attempts to put my Vita protective covers on. I got them on okay, but I couldn't get the bubbles out from underneath them, so I just said forget it and I'm using it without the protective cover. I will just use some monitor wipes on it every now and then.

I look forward to seeing your Vita impressions myau56. I know you are a 3DS guy at heart, but the Vita is a neat little system too.
Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Mar 11, '14, 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue Mar 11, '14, 11:57 pm

PS Vita for me is far better than 3DS in every aspect (hardware, user interface, software, games, controls, ergonomics).

However, as both handhelds have plenty of games from many different styles, unless the gamer is very picky, you can't go wrong with either.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Previous

Return to General Gaming