Doctor Doom or Magneto?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Who is stronger?!

Doctor Doom
60%
Magneto
40%

Total votes : 5

Doctor Doom or Magneto?

Postby Lucas » Sun Jan 2, '11, 8:23 am

With Marvel vs. Capcom 3 just around the corner now I thought it would be interesting to see which of these two major Marvel villains would be superior over the other. My younger brother and I are still in debate over who is stronger and smarter out of the two. I know both of these villains quite well but I've done extra research into them just to be sure. So just for fun who is the more superior villain?

I'll reveal my thoughts a little later... ;)
Attachments
doom_vs_maggy.jpg
doom_vs_maggy.jpg (125.99 KiB) Viewed 2381 times

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Doctor Doom or Magneto?

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 3, '11, 1:53 am

I'm just gonna go out and say Magneto is the stronger of the two. Doctor Doom is wearing a full body metal suit, it would be no problem for Magneto to crush the life out of him. Now smarter, Doctor Doom is smarter cause Magneto just seems to be out for bloodlust which usually clouds his judgement.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 3, '11, 11:36 pm

Well, I don't know very much about either of them but I'm gonna go with Doctor Doom. I've seen him around more than Magneto. Besides he looks scary. Yep, Doom is my pick. :silly:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 4, '11, 3:59 pm

When it comes to being smarter, Doom is in the lead. Magneto is no slouch in this department himself, but Dr. Doom can invent almost anything. He's a genius level scientist and tactician.

Power is a little more difficult to gauge in my eye. Magneto has some very strong showings in his manipulation of magnetism. There is also the fact that Doom wears metal armor, as Kaloes correctly pointed out. But then Doom is a master tactician, so he would plan ahead for that. Doom tries to plan ahead for everything, but sometimes falls short. It could go either way.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Thu Jan 6, '11, 1:21 am

Power wise I will say they are almost evenly matched. Dr. Doom uses his suit and technology a lot but he is quite adept in using magic. With that being said, I will give the edge to Magneto only due to the fact he can bend and manipulate anything related to metal. It wasn't a far cry what he did in X-Men the movie with Wolverine in the subway [granted Wolverine's skeleton is made of metal]. I can't place my finger on it but I am certain he did something to that extent to someone more "normal" in a comic. If the writer's didn't have a preplanned victory, I'd say if the two met in a comic it'd be a pretty even match.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 6, '11, 4:15 am

As Thoul and Darkil already mentioned, Doom is no doubt the brains out of the two and is always one step ahead of his enemies giving the good guys a much harder time. As for power Magneto is no doubt stronger in this case and can bend, rip and crush anything metallic at his will, however I see Doctor Doom being able to pull off a plan to outdo Magneto, even if it meant sacrificing one of his Doombots as a distraction. So my vote goes to the evil mastermind too.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Casual Conversation