Happy Anniversary! And the 2017 Muskies go to...

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Happy Anniversary! And the 2017 Muskies go to...

Postby Thoul » Sat Apr 1, '17, 8:27 pm

Happy 20th anniversary, Fringes of Algo! It is now time to celebrate with the announcement of the winners for the 2017 Muskies Awards! :happy_marle: We had a great turn out for the awards once again this year. A big thanks goes out to everyone who participated; you make these awards possible and that's why the reflect the community. The results have been tabulated, so without further ado, let's get to the list of winners!

Your first place 2017 Muskies Winners are:
  • Best Fan Artwork: Phantasy Star by Icecypher
  • Best Artist: Icecypher
  • Best Writer: (tie) R-90-2 and Snorb
  • Best Other Fan Work: Phantasy Star Replay by Wing Eye
  • Best Forum Game: Phantasy Star ABC's
  • Best Introduction Topic: Hello Again! by Lemina
  • Best Avatar: tilinelson2
  • Best Signature: R-90-2
  • Most Successful Discussion: Getting To Know You..2017
  • Most Enthusiastic Fringer: myau56
  • Fringer of Excellence: Icecypher
  • Best Achievement Hunter: chaoko99
  • Prominent Poster: Silver_Surfer1
  • Top Conversation Starter: Silver_Surfer1
  • Staff Member of the Year: Silver_Surfer1

There were a few ties for second and third place this year, so a lot of people received awards not listed above. The full list of winners, including second and third places, will be available in the Muskies Awards section soon.

Usually I send PMs to all award winners to present them with special banners created in recognition of their achievements. This year, I plan to place those banners in the full list of winners so they can be more easily found later. The banners for past muskies will be available in that fashion as well. I'm still working out a couple of details on that, but expect an announcement about that during the next week or so.

Congratulations to all winners! :D If you did not win, you have my condolences. Don't fret, though. There's always next year's Muskies! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Fringes of Algo over the past 20 years! :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Happy Anniversary! And the 2017 Muskies go to...

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 2, '17, 1:20 pm

Congratulations to all the participants ! And to all the winners too :)
That was a great one, like all the old Muskies awards !
And happy birthday to this fantastic site, The FRinges Of Algo ! 20 years, it's impressive ! And soon, It's gonna be the 30th anniversary of our greatest serie of video game RPG of all time !
And a special thanks to Thoul, the great one :) :clap: (And to all the moderators and the staff of course !).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby jessie » Mon Apr 3, '17, 2:55 am

Congratulations!!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby Snorb » Mon Apr 3, '17, 3:15 am

(starts handing out Muskie statues)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to Site Announcements