Nominate in the 2017 Muskies Awards!

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Nominate in the 2017 Muskies Awards!

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 17, '17, 6:35 pm

Welcome to the seventh Fringes of Algo Community Awards, the Muskies! As part of this year's anniversary celebration, these awards will recognize outstanding members of the community in many areas over the past two years. Best of all, the winners are selected by you, the community members! It is now time to begin that selection with the nomination process!

When submitting nominations, please keep these rules in mind:
  • Nominations will be accepted only from accounts created on or before March 11, 2017.
  • You may nominate up to four entries for each category. If you submit more than four nominees for a category, only the last four will be counted.
  • You cannot nominate yourself or a work that you created or co-created.
  • To be eligible, the entry you are nominating must have been submitted or actively updated somewhere on the Fringes of Algo website between March 14, 2015 and March 13, 2017. This time frame will be referred to as the "entry period" below.
  • To be eligible, content must be posted somewhere on Fringes of Algo.
  • Image artwork must be hosted directly on Fringes. Offsite image artwork, such as those hosted on Photobucket and linked in a topic here, are not eligible.

Also, please note that you are not required to nominate for every category. You are welcome to nominate for as many or few categories as you wish. The same is true for the number of nominations in a category. You can submit up to four, but one or three is equally fine. The more valid nominations we get, the better, but there's also no pressure.

The top nominees in each category will be selected for the ballots. Voting will be available through the poll system on these forums during the week of dates of March 24 - 29. The winners will be officially announced on April 1, when we celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fringes of Algo.

Here are the categories for which you can nominate entries:

1. Best Fan Artwork
    This award recognizes your top choice for outstanding fan artwork. Please note this is for an individual piece of artwork, not an artist's body of work as a whole. The Muskies Eligible Fan Artwork Gallery displays all artworks that may be nominated for this award.
  2. Best Writer
    This award recognizes your top choice for a writer that has displayed great skill in the written mediums of Fan Fiction, Original Writing, or Roleplay. For this award, please consider a writer's body of work as a whole. Only the following members are eligible for this award:
    Atlinsmere, Scootaloo, Snorb, carlsojos, doncair99
  3. Best Original Character
    This award acknowledges a remarkable original, fan created character. Fan characters have appeared in fan fiction, artwork, games, roleplaying, and other works shared with the community. You can find summaries of some eligible entries in the Original Characters topic. It is not required for an original character to be mentioned in that topic for you to nominate the character.
  4. Best Other Fan Work
    This award recognizes fan creations in the areas of fan games, music remixes, and videos. Eligible items can be found in the Fan Games, Music, Video & More forum (in any unlocked topic updated during the entry period). Also note: WingEye's Phantasy Star Replay is eligible for this category, despite having a topic in the Artwork forum.
  5. Best Forum Game
    This award recognizes your choice for the top game active during the entry period in the Forum Games and Roleplay sections.
  6. Best Introduction Topic
    This award recognizes your choice for the top topic created during the entry period in the Introductions section.
  7. Best Avatar
    This award recognizes your choice for the member who has used the most impressive avatar during the entry period. See the Avatars & Signatures topic for some avatars members used.
  8. Best Signature
    This award recognizes your choice for the member who has used the most interesting signature during the entry period. See the Avatars & Signatures topic for some avatars members used.
  9. Most Successful Discussion
    This award recognizes your choice for the best discussion topic on the forums. Non-discussion topics or topics that fit into another award category (such as Forum Games or Fan Fiction topics) are not eligible for this award.
  10. Most Enthusiastic Fringer
    This award recognizes a member of the community who has shown a great enthusiasm for some activity during the last year. Whether it's obsessing about a certain game, posting news stories, entertaining with random skits, or some other activity, this is something the member does often and does well. (Fringes Staff Members - Wolf Bird, Atlinsmere, Snorb, Silver_Surfer1, and Thoul - are not eligible for this award.)
  11. Fringer of Excellence
    This award recognizes an outstanding member who you feel best illustrates the qualities that the community values. Kindness, sharing knowledge in a productive manner, things like that. You don't have to be a Phantasy Star expert to receive this award - just a great community member. (Fringes Staff Members - Wolf Bird, Atlinsmere, Snorb, Silver_Surfer1, and Thoul - are not eligible for this award.)

In addition, we also have the following categories that will be included in later portions of the Muskies. Nominations are not accepted for these categories during this year.

1. Best Artist
    This award recognizes your top choice for an artist that has displayed great skill in a visual medium. For this award, please do consider an artist's body of work as a whole.
  2. Staff Member of the Year
    This award is intended to acknowledge the staff member who you feel is deserving of special honor due to their contributions to the community and its livelihood. The voting ballot will consist of Wolf Bird, Atlinsmere, Snorb, and Silver_Surfer1.
  3. Performance Based Categories
    These will be awarded based on the performance of members during the entry period, which can be determined by simple numerical values. As such, voting will not be held for these awards. These awards are subject to cancellation in the event of an excessive number of ties.
    • Best Achievement Hunter - For acquiring the most community achievements.
    • Most Active Quiz Taker - For attempting the most quizzes.
    • Prominent Poster - For creating the most posts (excludes non-discussion posts, like Forum Games).
    • Top Conversation Starter - For creating the most topics (excludes non-discussion posts, like Forum Games).
    • Most Artwork Reviews - For the most reviews of other members' artworks.
    • Most Literature Reviews - For the most reviews of other members' Fan Fiction or Original Writings.

So, that's the basics of it. Please take the time to nominate your favorites so we can have some great voting ballots.

You nominate by sending a private message to a special account dedicated to the Muskies Awards. Please do not post your nominations in this or any thread. You can use this link or the private message link on the post following this one. You can find a blank nomination ballot in that post; using the private message link on that post will automatically copy the ballot to the private message form.

If you have questions or other concerns, please direct them to me by private message using the link on all my posts or profile, or by replying to this thread.

Nominations will be closed on March 22, 2017 at 11:59 pm US Eastern Time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Nominate in the 2017 Muskies Awards!

Postby Awards » Fri Mar 17, '17, 6:36 pm

Here is the ballot you can use for nominations:
Code: Select all
Best Fan Artwork
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Writer
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Original Character
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Other Fan Work
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Forum Game
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Introduction Topic
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Avatar
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Best Signature
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Most Successful Discussion
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Most Enthusiastic Fringer
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Fringer of Excellence
        a.
        b.
        c.
        d.
Awards
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 6

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 18, '17, 1:15 pm

Of course I'm goint to participate and then vote for these excellent Muskies Awards ! Thank you again THoul for all your work on this fantastic site :)
And like I've said in another post, long time no see ! Hope you're great my friend :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby doncair99 » Wed Mar 22, '17, 1:01 am

Oh, the Muskies are back! This is exciting!
doncair99
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 153

Postby myau56 » Wed Mar 22, '17, 12:59 pm

Send ! Hope it was not too late but good luck to all the Fringers ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Mar 25, '17, 8:00 am

I just realized I missed the nominations for the first time... I guess there is always next year! Good luck to the nominees!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 25, '17, 12:14 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:I just realized I missed the nominations for the first time... I guess there is always next year! Good luck to the nominees!

Yes, alas : but it will be ok next year ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 27, '17, 9:28 pm

Good luck everyone!
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Snorb » Thu Mar 30, '17, 4:42 am

I missed out on nominating this year... I did a bad. ;_;

(prepares to spin the Wheel of Punishment)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Feb 3, '18, 7:10 pm

Just a quick reminder to everyone that it will not be too much longer until time to nominate for the 2018 Muskie Awards! :)
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next

Return to Site Announcements