2,000 posts!

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

2,000 posts!

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 1, '07, 2:37 am

Just a little more than a month after reaching our first milestone, we've hit another! We now have over 2,000 posts. Thank you to all of our members for helping to make this community thrive!

To celebrate this milestone, I've added an bonus new Phantasy Star: Generation 1 wallpaper: Alis in Sunset.

The regular monthly wallpaper is available now, too. August's wallpaper features some of the ladies from Phantasy Star III.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: 2,000 posts!

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 1, '07, 3:09 am

Thoul wrote:Just a little more than a month after reaching our first milestone, we've hit another! We now have over 2,000 posts. Thank you to all of our members for helping to make this community thrive!

To celebrate this milestone, I've added an bonus new Phantasy Star: Generation 1 wallpaper: Alis in Sunset.

The regular monthly wallpaper is available now, too. August's wallpaper features some of the ladies from Phantasy Star III.
Hooray! :clap:

Wow, Thoul, did you make that one of the PSIII women? It's excellent! And I love that wallpaper of Alis! You've got some amazing visuals on this site, Thoul! Keep it up! :yes:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Wed Aug 1, '07, 4:56 pm

Ah, the good ol' artwork. Always great to look at. :mrgreen:

Gotta love the ladies of PSIII! Though I know there's an existing Thea somewhere, using "Wata" (should be Wat) in the picture. Do you have that one? Asking out of curiousity, of course. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Wed Aug 1, '07, 7:54 pm

Yay! I bet there's no other classic PS community that is this active. :D

Now, let's see how long it takes to hit the next big number! :hyper:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Dr. Casey » Wed Aug 1, '07, 8:35 pm

Neithird wrote:Yay! I bet there's no other classic PS community that is this active. :D

Nope. It's never had a very strong online following, sadly enough, but this place is shaping up to be the definitive Phantasy Star community.
Dr. Casey
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 3

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Aug 1, '07, 8:45 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:
Neithird wrote:Yay! I bet there's no other classic PS community that is this active. :D

Nope. It's never had a very strong online following, sadly enough, but this place is shaping up to be the definitive Phantasy Star community.
:stir: Myes, we rule-in online Phantasy Star forum terms!
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 1, '07, 10:11 pm

The Komrade wrote:Wow, Thoul, did you make that one of the PSIII women? It's excellent! And I love that wallpaper of Alis! You've got some amazing visuals on this site, Thoul! Keep it up! :yes:

Thanks. :) I've always tried to make sure that this site has a lot of unique content, and the images have always been a big part of that for me.

I can't take full credit for making the PSIII Women wallpaper. I did make the version here, but the art is from some scans I downloaded long, long ago. Kara, at the top, is from a different source image than the other three. I combined them and put them on this background.

That image of Alis is one of my favorite scenes in PS:G1 so far. Although, I like the one I'm going to use for the next wallpaper a little bit more. ;)

Tsunami wrote:Gotta love the ladies of PSIII! Though I know there's an existing Thea somewhere, using "Wata" (should be Wat) in the picture. Do you have that one? Asking out of curiousity, of course. :D

I do, but it's not a very good quality scan. I was going to use it for this wallpaper too, but it was too grainy and small compared to the others. :( I wish I knew the original source of that art; I'd try to get it and scan it myself if I did.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 2, '07, 2:48 am

Well, I noticed the Congratulatory thread I posted in the General Discussion thread above regarding the 2000 milestone had been shut down and referred to this post instead. Excuse me for not seeing this thread before and posting those well wishes above. That won't happen again. :P :blank: :eyebrow: :yaknow: Congrats to the board.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 2, '07, 4:45 am

It's not a problem. It's just best to keep this kind of stuff in one place. I would have combined the two topics into one, but this board software doesn't have that ability.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Announcements