A New Mario Collection

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

A New Mario Collection

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 8, '10, 1:40 am

Nintendo has recently announced a new collection of the classic Super Mario Bros. games. It'll be similar to Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES, but this time the collection is on the Wii. This is in celebration of the 25 anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros., which is September 13 in Japan (although Mario himself is older than that).

Assuming this collection gets a wider release (which it probably will, being Mario), what games would you like to see included? Should they be the originals or include graphical updates, like the SNES All-Stars collection?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: A New Mario Collection

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 8, '10, 2:14 am

I have only one requirement...Super Mario World in SOME form. I think it's the best Mario game out there. Update it or not, I don't care. Just have it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 8, '10, 6:48 am

This is awesome! I think the originals should be included, but hey, I'll be happy just to see any of it done. Oh my, I can hardly believe that it's almost time for a 25th anniversary for Super Mario Bro. Woo hoo, that's cause for celebration. :happy_marle:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 8, '10, 7:10 am

I sense SS is going to change her avatar and signature to something Mario related. >.>

Sadly though, I feel that this will just be game with lots of ports.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if it had a collection of games (Super Mario World included, naturally, though I suppose they'd add Yoshi's Island too) with updated graphics. Not that the graphics were bad, it'd just be interesting to see what they do with the collection.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 8, '10, 7:22 am

Personally, I'm hoping for both the originals and some graphical updates. I'd like to see the original SMB and the All-Stars version, for instance. Maybe there will even be a GameCube or N64 game on it. The Wii can run those, after all.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 8, '10, 3:03 pm

I'm so lucky to have a copy of the version of Mario All-stars that also has Super Mario World. I think I'd like the collection to maybe include Mario 64 and maybe even the first Paper Mario game. I really don't think there's much reason for it to have any gamecube games, though, as the Wii can read the gamecube mini-discs.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby H-Man » Wed Sep 8, '10, 3:59 pm

I love Super Mario World. Hours and Hours of pure fun there. It'd be neat if they included Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic as well. :)
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 13, '10, 7:22 pm

Nintendo launched a website for the collection recently:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/svmj/index.html

From what I get out of Google translate, I think this is just going to be a port of the SNES collection. Only Super Mario 1, 2, 3, and USA (which is the Super Mario 2 released in the US) are listed as being part of it. I guess Super Mario World is excluded because it couldn't be played with just a Wiimote. Being on the SNES, it used more buttons and would need a Wii classic controller.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 13, '10, 7:26 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:I sense SS is going to change her avatar and signature to something Mario related. >.>

Boy, you hit that one right on target, Atlin! I don't know how you do it, but you were absolutely correct! :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Sep 13, '10, 10:46 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:
Atlinsmere wrote:I sense SS is going to change her avatar and signature to something Mario related. >.>

Boy, you hit that one right on target, Atlin! I don't know how you do it, but you were absolutely correct! :wink:

I just know things SS. I just do. ;D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Retro Roundup